Ballston Animal Hospital is proud to offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology. Some surgical procedures that we commonly perform include, but are not limited to, spay and neuter, growth removal, oral surgery, cherry eye correction, entropion (eyelid surgery), splenectomy, abdominal exploratory surgery, and amputation.
Surgical services and facilities include:
- Fully trained veterinary and technical staff, ensuring the safest, most efficient, state-of-the-art procedures
- Comprehensive blood testing, both diagnostic and monitoring
- Advanced sterilization techniques
- Oxygen saturation and blood pressure monitors
A dedicated and fully trained surgical technician continuously monitors patients during anesthesia.
Prior to surgery, typical instructions are as follows:
- No food after 10 PM the night before surgery (water is OK)
- Arrive at the hospital between 7:15 and 8:30 AM the morning of surgery
- Pre-surgical blood work is required for all patients at least several days prior to anesthesia
- Consent forms are signed prior to surgery, including our Surgery Form and CPR Form
- Accurate contact information is obtained so that we may keep you informed of your petís progress
- At admission, we will discuss with you any questions you may have about your petís procedure (risks, possible complications, recovery)
The day of surgery, please note that:
- Your pet will be assigned a technician who can update you—feel free to call for a status report
- Your veterinarian will call you with a full report after the surgery
- Always follow your petís discharge instructions
- Monitor the incision for swelling and redness
- Take note of your petís appetite and water intake
- Maintain bandages and administer medications as instructed
- Return for follow-up as directed
At Ballston, we set a standard of excellence—not only for your petís surgical care, but also in our service to you. We know that these procedures can be stressful for your pet, your family, and yourself. Please feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns at any point.